Saturday, February 4, 2017

The LORD Himself Will Go Ahead of You

God is with us, God is peace, God protects us
Family of God –apologies for my absence the last few days, I am traveling. For the next five weeks posts will be a bit irregular, but I will post. God our Father is and must remain priority, even when we take time for pleasure and relaxation – He deserves to be, and we need Him to be.

Unexpected danger is a real threat, even for a child of God, but we do not walk in fear. Our Father still reigns supreme over all. Because He is omniscient, He is not at all surprised by current events; He prepared a way for us. 

God's WORD is filled with promises of peace, guidance and protection and is available to us whenever and where ever we need them.


GOD IS WITH US
  • The Lord himself will go before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forget you. Don’t be afraid and don’t worry. Deuteronomy 31:8  
  • I will not leave you or forsake you. Joshua 1:5
  • Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Psalm 23:4
  • ….if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. Psalm 139:9-10
  • Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10


GOD PROTECTS US
  • He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.  Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Psalm 91:4-5
  • For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. Psalm 91:11
  • He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him. Proverbs 2:8 
  • The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. Psalm 121:5
  • For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. Psalm


GOD IS OUR PEACE
  • “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.” John 14:1
  • You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock. Isaiah 26:3-4 
  • Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ JesusPhilippians 4:6-7
  •  The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11
  •  “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27

No matter where we are, we can meditate on and pray the WORD of God. It is all that we need for all that we need.

"...walk with God and you cannot mistake your road. You have infallible wisdom to direct you, immutable love to comfort you, and eternal power to defend you." ~ Charles H. Spurgeon

Prayer and Thanksgiving: Holy Father, Omniscient God. Thank you for being our ever present help, our safety and our peace. Your WORD assures us, “Don’t worry about your life. Don’t fear them which kill the body. Be afraid only of not doing what the Spirit of God indicates to you.” Thank you for going before us, encamping your angels around us. Day after day you keep us safe from dangers seen and unseen. You never neglect your own, you never let us down, and you are always for us, never against us. We trust you, LORD! We thank you for your faithfulness. To you Abba belong all dominion and power for ever and ever. We pray and ask all things in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Always by God’s Word and prayer,


Cecile

No comments:

Post a Comment